Bobcat Restoration

Here's where to ask questions and get answers

Bobcat Restoration

Postby rulon_pope » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:13 pm

I'm starting to think about restoring a Bobcat that I've had for some 30 years sitting in a shed(waiting for retirement which is here). I can't seem to locate the chain guard which I understand is unique (two pieces) to the Bobcat?I don't know if I had it at one time. Likely not. I know this is a long shot but does anyone by chance have the two pieces for sale.

Thanks to Charles (Mutt) for fixing my Hummer kill switch.

I have these Bultacos that I should be working on but I keep finding myself drawn to the Harleys.
Thanks Rulon.
rulon_pope

Re: Bobcat Restoration

Postby rulon_pope » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:16 pm

Another longshot Bobcat question. Anyone have the paint codes they used for the indigo blue metallic color on the 66 Bobcat.
This color seems much more rare than the red hues. I've looked at the video from the Harley archives on
Facebook. I cant find anything online that seems to match that color. I know online match is perilous and I have some colorblindness
with gray/blue/green hues.

I thought the old paint job on mine was pretty close to the correct color until I saw that video. I also note mine isn't like
one on the last members pages for the bobcat.The one there is bluer than mine which has obviously been repainted.
rulon_pope

Return to HELP with Restoration and Running