62 Scat project

Stories and photos of YOU and YOUR HUMMER

62 Scat project

Postby dave harris » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:53 pm

I have been following this club for about 2 years and just got authorized to participate. 1 1/2 years rebuilding the 62 Scat I swear it must have been sitting in the open for at least 25 years. what a mess. I have way to much invested in both time and money and it is still a rider, not a show bike. That is what i wanted any way so all is good. I picked this project as probably my last bike (71 this year) as it was my first bike I got for Christmas when I was 14. 57 years of riding. what memories and the rebuild of this bike took me back in so many ways. I am about 95% done (mostly lighting not done) and have had it licensed and on the road in minnesota for about 100 miles so far. Sent the engine to Charles Hallam in Tx. for the rebuild so I know I have a good base. Still working on some starting issues but he is guiding me with great patience.
Will share some piks as soon as I can get to it. I will be checking in often and hope to add to the group knowledge as well as ask for a little support every now and then.
dave harris

Re: 62 Scat project

Postby Don G » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:17 pm

I love a good story Dave.... Especially one with a happy ending....
Don G

Re: 62 Scat project

Postby Brent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Yep, I know how it is. My first (1948) was when I was 17. I bought it running for $50 and laughed when the guy told me it was a Harley-Davidson. I couldn't believe a 125cc motorcycle was slower than my Honda 90 motor in a 50 frame set up as a dirt bike. It was still fun. I'm 66.
Brent

Return to Introduce Yourself